Friday, March 02, 2007

We are sick (again)


My whole family minus the Mrs. is batting the flu right now. I have taken more sick days and medication in the past six months than I have my entire life combined. Our 7 yr old developed symptoms Saturday/Sunday and we all got on a preventative, Tamiflu, Monday but that didn't help. I became symptomatic next followed by the five year old. Now the chunky little guy seems a bit mopey but no fever yet.

On the plus side I got to find out that our crappy old minivan needs $1100 dollars worth of repairs and the back to the Future marathon was on WGN yesterday. I was extremely disappointed that they chose to air the phrase "son-of-a-b**ch" fifteen time in the middle of the day so that my kids could not watch it. The other favorite word in the film was "damn" uttered at least twenty times per film. Quite unfortunate since those were nice simple movies with no political undertones in them. Imagine that, a movie(s) you could watch that doesn't have an ulterior motive by people with no education or political insight. What a thought.

I have to go decide whether or not to scrap our van or buy, another, new car.

No comments: