Friday, March 02, 2007

My Broncos


In another seemingly bonehead move by GM Matt Millen of the Lions, my beloved Broncos got Mr. Dre' Bly in a trade for OT George Foster and RB Tatum Bell. George has been durable but not as promising an athlete as he appeared to be at the NCAA level, he can be easily replaced.

Tatum never emerged like he should have as a starter and became more of a fumbler in all subsequent seasons with Denver. He lost all five of his fumbles last year. Mike Bell is a touch bigger than Tatum and can hopefully step in as a starter.

Dre' Bly is no spring chicken and is also a bit undersized for the newer receivers coming out these days. With Champ Bailey on the other side of the field for the monsters he appears to be a perfect fit. Some folks knock his tackling but looking at his stats he appears to be quite capable in that area. I also don't think you should knock any one athlete on the Lions team since they always seem to have only one or two natural athletes on the field at any one time.

Way to go Mr. Millen. I wonder if I can apply for his job? I hate that I always feel so sorry for the Lions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Niners are shooting for a 500 season again.