Friday, March 30, 2007

New Project



The Captain has stumbled across this old girl. She is a 1978(?) Guild FJ12SB I cannot even find information on the model number. I have written a few folks, and consulted other on beginning the restoration process.
CORRECTION, according to some guitar experts I e-mailed here are the specs:

It is an F-512 Sunburst guitar. It is all solid woods--spruce top and
rosewood back and sides. Jay Pilzer, New Hope Guitar Traders,
www.guildguy.com, phone/fax (931) 433-1955


I even got an e-mail from George Gruhn himself:

I am forwarding this to Jay Pilzer for him to help you.

George Gruhn
The wrong bridge was glued on, and she has been really beaten up and not cared for throughout her life. Wish me luck as I begin to unravel her story and begin this restorative process.

P.S. The case is in equally as poor condition, so that will be next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock and roll hootchie koo