Monday, March 19, 2007

Social Experiment part 2


This weekend the Captain decided to look at and drive some Honda Accords. I drove two older models (2000 & 2001) then saw a 2003 advertised online at the SAME LOT where the truck thing happened. I gave them a call and asked if the mileage advertised was correct and whether or not the vehicle was available. Of course it was, so I drove 20 miles to take a look since the car seemed to be an exceptional value($13,995). I showed up at the lot and met the very friendly Internet Manager who seemed to be a nice man. We chatted a minute then he walked me to the car. I was a bit shocked to see a 2005 2 door coupe with 21k miles on it sitting in front of me, he had pulled it to the front of the showroom when I told him I was coming.

"This is the wrong car." I said

"Are you sure?" came his witty reply

I related to him my experience from the previous week, his face turned an interesting pink color. He sat at his computer and magically determined the car I wanted had sold. How this was possible now and not 30 minutes previously was of great interest to me.

"Why did you say the vehicle was here?" came from the Captain

He shrugs his shoulders.

"Can I interest you in anything else?" asks doofus

I picked his most expensive used Accord, the one he pulled up, and asked to drive it. Doofus was very excited about this. When we returned he asks what I thought.

I left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Name names, Captain. Name names.