Friday, January 05, 2007

Movie Review (Rocky Balboa)


Everyone should see this movie. It's not really about boxing, more about self and accountability.

Stallone knocked it out of the park this time with both the script and his acting. The scene outside the restaurant with his son was brilliant. Almost as good was the scene with Paulie at the meat packing plant. I actually felt tears in my eyes at different times during the film. It was hard to watch a chapter of American "history" close at the end. The only bad things about this movie were the poor character development with the non-standard players, and the terribly crappy camera work (especially during the fight.)

Rocky is an American icon created by Sylvester Stallone. He wrote the first movie and then became Rocky for all the world to embrace. With the exception of Rocky V they are all great movies, if not a bit typical. As a whole this is an instant classic and if you have ever liked a Rocky movie you will like this one. I took my wife who normally hates "guy" movies, and has never seen a Rocky movie, she loved it.

I highly recommend seeing this movie, especially since Stallone showed you can still make a great movie with a PG rating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey yo Captain. I heard the movie has a few slow parts. Is that true?

Captain Dude said...

Not really, that may be some of that poor character development I talked about. I also forgot to add that it's great to see a movie rated PG again that's worth seeing.