Thursday, January 11, 2007

H.I.N. pt5



Yesterday, 01/10/07, I learned that when you complain to Generic home improvement center's corporate headquarters they simply ask the local store to contact you. What a freakin' waste. In response to my letter from yesterday I received a call from yet another store manager, Chick2. I asked Chick2 who she was, since I had been dealing with a different "store manager", Dude6, for the past year. "Oh, he is the operation manager." What the hell does that mean? Really when you ask to speak to the manager isn't that who you should get, or should you have to know every companies insider proprietary lingo? Anyway, I tell Chick2 where we stand. Her installer shows up when he wants, and the store doesn't seem to care that our house is filthy and who will be cleaning it. To give her some perspective I told her that when the original complaint was initiated we were a happy family of four, and my wife was not pregnant. We are now a happy family of five with a 7 month old, stunned silence and then this question. "Why didn't we just fix it right away?" Really?!?!?! What am I supposed to say to her? I told her it's her store and her company so I didn't feel qualified to answer that. She did eventually capitulate and agree to pay to have my house, including the duct work, cleaned.

Progress made I suppose.

No comments: