Monday, January 15, 2007

H.I.N. pt6


Friday, keep in mind we have not been staying in our home since there is currently no kitchen, I stopped by and saw that all of my new tile was laid. Dude2 was coming back on Saturday to grout and clean before sealing the grout on Monday. I went over Saturday afternoon and saw immediately that the spacing of my new tile is completely haphazard at the entrance to the kitchen. UNREAL! The tile, although no longer cracked, looks MUCH worse now than it did previously. There are also a few tiles that are 1/4" above the adjacent tile. Beyond that crap, Dude2 said he "cleaned" the whole floor. It looks like he took a hand towel and smeared the dust all over the room. The bottle of grout sealant says the grout must be clean and dry before applying. I borrowed a mop and bucket from my church and started cleaning when my wife and I decided we should not have to be doing any of this. I plan to phone Chick2 and have her come look at the mess today. We were originally quoted 4-5 days for the entire 900 square foot job; it has now been seven days for 250 square feet and no end in sight. I want my money back, several plasma TVs, and new appliances. I called Dude2 yesterday and told him not to bother coming this morning since the floor cannot be sealed in its current state. I will update this post later today with their reactions.

UPDATE! I spoke with Chick2 who has the flu but was at work. She seemed concerned and wanted to come see what I was talking about. I get a call back from the latest installed sales manager, Dude6, who confirms an 1100 appointment. I headed home at 1100 to meet Chick2, Chick1, and Dude6. BIG SHOCKER, Chick2 does not come and instead sent only her two flunkies who have been screwing this up for months. My wife told them they could not come in and we sent them packing. After a lengthy telcon with the corporate 1-800 number that involved pleading, crying, screaming and begging we were finally told the district manager's name, Dude7, and that he worked at the store nearest our home. I ran to that store to talk to him, while my wife stayed at home being assured that Dude7 would call her within thirty minutes. Come to find out their standard practice is a 48 hour turnaround for a call back. What company in their right minds thinks 48 hours is acceptable once something has escalated to that level. ANYWAY no on eat the store will actually introduce me to Dude7 but he did call while I was standing in his store and wanted a situation report. I summed up and he said he would send the Area Installed Sales Manager to my house TOMORROW! I told him I didn't need a flooring expert to come and tell me my house was a wreck, and that the tile looks like ass. I need someone with the power to get my house back to "normal" and give me my freakin' money. I also asked what I was supposed to do for day number 8 that my entire downstairs was covered in dust with all furniture sitting in my garage, also covered in dust, and all my appliances in the living room. He didn't know. After some more explaining he is sending someone to clean our ductwork today. I suppose that's a start.

No comments: