Monday, January 22, 2007

Buying Cars


As I prepare to sell my very cool little truck and end up driving a minivan myself, I feel the need to bitch about the whole car buying process. What is wrong with these people? They act like rocket scientists, you have to spend forever with a powerless individual, and they just try and rip you off. I understand they are trying to make money and that's fine, but the way they talk to people is ridiculous. "Well that's a wholesale price, your trade won't be worth as much." BS! I know what my truck is worth, and I know what your van is worth.

They dislike me because my vehicles are paid for, and I can do math.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too understand they have to make money, but what I can't stand is they act like they are doing you a big favor by bending you over. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.

The last time we bought a car, we walked into the finance officer's office and sat down. He looks at me and says the best I can do is XXX a month. I stood back up, stuck out my hand, and said thanks for your time. He says "Hold on a minute." I said "If that's the best you can do then I'll keep the car I've got." When we walked out of the dealership we had upgraded cars and paid three grand less for it.

I'm not saying I didn't get screwed (I know I did), I just try to implement a little damage control.