Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cary buying part two



Yesterday during lunch I went to a local dealer who advertised a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT for $13,900. When I got there we looked over the car and I asked what my truck was worth in trade. They wanted my 2001 B4000 and $4500. Seemed fair but then he said "We were looking at the wrong car." Takes me back out and shows me a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan two trim levels below the SXT for the same price. He said the other had sold but he could do the current POS for the same price and no one could beat his price. I told him he didn't have the vehicle I came to see so I wasn't interested. His reply, " They're pretty much the same anyway." I had planned on just leaving but now I decided to make a point to the mental midget. I said " Jackass, if they are the same why is this one $4,000 more, and why doesn't it have the features I am looking for?" Idiots!
I saw a 2005 Grand Caravan in the paper at a different lot and drove over only to find out that it wasn't a Grand Caravan, it was the short wheelbase regular Caravan. This was particularly fun as they had to drive it over from a different lot. It's also fun to see the turds run out of the building when you pull up and hover around your car before you get out. Equally as fun to watch their whole body pucker up when I tell them I don't currently have a car payment. I told them I didn't need to look inside since this vehicle was the shorter wheelbase. Their line "Well these are a lot easier to park." My line "Jackasses, in the Chrysler minivans you cannot get rear heat and air for your children unless you get the long wheelbase." Response "The front blower works pretty good." Me "You're an idiot."
Today at lunch I am going to Carmax to see if the rumors are true. I would rather pay $1,000 more and dispense with these morons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical car salesman lingo

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out how to get you on my RSS reader. Now I'm instantly alerted when you post a new blog. What would we geeks ever do without technological advances?