Monday, February 05, 2007

SuperBowl 41


This just in! Apparently Rex Grossman sucks. Rarely in a team sport can you blame a loss on a single player; however, this is the second Super Bowl where I have seen this happen. Neil O'Donnell did it against Dallas several years back and Rex Wanted to see if he could duplicate the effort. I also thinks it's retarded that Dominic Rhodes and/or Joseph Addai and/or Jeff Saturday weren't the MVP. Once again, Peyton Manning was given something based on his name and not his play. Lastly, the best moment was this:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally thought Bob Sanders should have received it. Manning didn't deserve SBMVP, but that made up for the Heisman debacle. Like him or not, he deserved the Heisman over.....hmmm I forgot his name.

Saturday didn't get it b/c they would never give a SBMVP to a lineman although he's one of the best ever. They couldn't give it to Addai because he didn't score.

IMHO, it belonged to Rhodes or Sanders. Rhodes b/c of yardage and a TD, or Sanders b/c of a key forced fumble and an interception that sealed the game. Why not they gave Larry Brown the MVP when he picked of the aformentioned Neil O'Donnell's pass.

Overall, it wasn't that well played a game. I'm sure the rain contributed to that though.

Captain Dude said...

Larry Brown had two picks in that game, both led to touchdowns. The Heisman thing needs to be let go, other players shouldn't be punished for that.

Anonymous said...

I threw rock...great ad, one of the best in a horrible night of ads.

-Jayson

Anonymous said...

My Heisman comment was not intended to justify their obvious gaffe in picks, I doubt the members who picked PM as SBMVP allowed that to enter into their logic. And I doubt very seriously that anyone outside of East Tennessee and the Manning family even remember the whole Heisman thing. My comment was merely to point out that karma is alive and well.