Sunday, February 25, 2007

Movie Review (Ghost Rider)


Ghost Rider is a not-so-typical adaptation of the oh-so-typical "I sold my soul to the devil and now I deserve a second chance" genre. Right up front let me say I did not understand a lot of the movie. He is supposed to morph into this thing in the presence of evil yet several times he gets jumped by demons and doesn't change. That notwithstanding, the movie has some decent scenes, the action scenes are ok but corny, and the cast is decent. With respect to the cast I think Eva Mendes should have worn at least one shirt that fit her, and Nick Cage delivered the same performance from his last ten films. At the risk of sounding ghey for Nick Cage, he shredded his body for this role. In a rare shirtless scene he looks like an Olympic athlete. I apologize to the fans of the comic book, I am sure I am offending you but this movie just wasn't for me. On the bright side, Sam Elliot and Peter Fonda really gave good performances.

This one is a rental at best.

No comments: