Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Visiting Florida


So I am on vacation/training down in Florida and as I drove into the state I saw the billboard pictured above. Seems like there is a group dedicated to hurting the tourism industry down here by talking about Florida's "shoot first" law. This law states that Floridians can stand their ground and meet force with force without fear of reprisal. I think that's great! It's never good to be the dude that shoots second. The state also has its lowest crime rate in 34 years since this law has been in effect.
I do think we should check out who gets a gun very carefully, and train them to use the weapon.
Once these requirements have been met, I think you should be able to defend yourself at any time and not worry if the person trying to hurt or rob you might sue you later. I know they want to scare off tourists, but that makes me want to live there.

1 comment:

Captain Dude said...

That site is jsut stupid no substance whatsoever, nice try though.