Monday, July 31, 2006

Vacation


We are hanging out at the in-laws and I have been enjoying my father-in-law's newest toy. That is a 2006 Yamaha Rhino 4X4. These things can go almost anywhere; we easily traversed a washout that was 2 feet across and 3 feet deep. Later we rolled through over 18 inches of mud as if it wasn't there. I dig this thing.

Yesterday we went to The Villages retirement community and had a blast. It was a hoot, I highly recommend a visit. I also plan to move in the second I hit the minimum age of 55. We also went to the Astronaut Hall of Fame which was very informative. I still don't really understand the space program and really don't understand how it benefits us much. According to the museum, they have contributed such things as gold-toe socks and oven mitts to society. I do think that space exploration is neat, but seems too expensive for the return on investment.

On the down side it has been hotter than the surface of the sun the whole time we have been here. Today we are planning to hit the Brevard Zoo which ought to be fun in the heat. After that we will head down to Fort Lauderdale for my training. See you there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Rhinos are awesome. I have absolutely no use for a vehicle such as that, but I still have an overwhelming urge to purchase one.

I don't understand the whole space exploration thing either. We beat the Russians to the moon. That was our goal, we accomplished it. But what have you done for me lately? Space exploration is cool but what does it do to improve the overall quality of human life. I'm with you Cap, too much money not enough return (that I can see).