Sunday, July 09, 2006

Fatherless Children


In today's society we are seeing more and more that men are not accepting their responsibilities regarding their families. It sadddens me to think of how many children will go through life with only one parent (father or mother) and disgusts me that people could ever shun their own children. If you are "grown-up" enough to make a child then I wish you would be man or wman enough to be responsible AND set a good example for the life you helped create. I went through today's paper and decided to display the first ten names I discovered that had no father listed in the birth announcements, I specified gender where it may not have been obvious:
D'mom Rashaad (boy)
Starla Grace
Shyanne Gabrielle
Micah Ellouise (girl)
Aryanna Elizabeth
Des'Zyre O'mazsha (girl)
Kennedy LeeAnn (girl)
Steven Gaige
Nicholas William
Kellsie Ann

I't so sad that some of these may never know their dad. On a side note I often wonder if some of the mothers are misspelling names on purpose to be original or just doing something phoenetic because they cannot actually spell the name they want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad commentary on today's society. On the other hand, around graduation time, the paper prints a picture and description of the best of the best of the areas high schools. I tried to read that section every day, and I found that of all the kids who were the best in their respective schools, at least 90% of them came from two parent homes. Kids on that list from broken homes were a rarity.

Coincidence? I think not.