Saturday, August 19, 2006

Movie Review (The Family Stone)


So my wife rented this one. The story is a son bringing his fiance' home to his family and I think it's supposed to be funny with some awkward humor. It's not.

What I didn't like:
I can't type that much. This is the worst movie ever. The family are a bunch of white trash stuck up snobs. They hate anyone who doesn't agree with them and their way of thinking, and they don't try to be accepting at all. They are hateful and rude and I am pretty sure they are supposed to be an example of a nice modern liberal family too. SUCKS!

What I did like:
ummm stellar cast, unfortunately abused.

The bottom line:
Stick a fork in your leg if you somehow get roped into seeing this, it will be less painful. Perfect definition of uber crap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst movie ever. I hated how they tried to portray their messed up family as normal.

Anonymous said...

This is the best movie I've ever seen! Great cast, great plot, overall stunning! I rented it and now am looking to buy it. You haters need to get over yourselves and see the movie with an open mind. It's great. and if you have negative comment, leave them to yourself. They just tear people down, not build them up... come on you're no better than what you think of the family in the movie.

Captain Dude said...

Let me offer my point-by-point rebuttal. The cast was great and the plot could had potential; the script was terrible. What do you mean "looking to buy it" it's in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart with all the other crappy movies. Anyone who uses "haters" has already lost their argument. I did see the movie with an "open mind", unfortunately my eyes and ears were also open. No one in the movie kept their negative comments to themselves and I completely treat people better than any character in that movie does. I would never judge someone so harshly as the jerks portrayed in that movie.

I am glad you enjoyed the film, go out and buy a few copies they definitely need the money.

Ingo38 said...

In my opinion, I enjoyed watching this movie, I even bought a copy for myself, I don't know what makes a great movie for you all to rave about, but this one is a keeper for me! Please share with me some movies that you like, so I can understand what makes a good movie in your opinion! Enjoy Kids

Captain Dude said...

You're obviously the same commenter as anonymous. I stand by what I have said previously and my blog is full of movie reviews positive and negative. Enjoy Kiddo