Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Having babies!


I got back from working out of town last week and noticed that Melba, my female Jack Dempsey, was hovering in only one area of the tank. A quick look inside shows about two hundred eggs on their nice flat stone. I am hopeful that several will survive, let me know if you need some fish! Please know that my Jack Dempseys are much better looking than the one pictured in the reference link above.
I also have six baby orandas at home which make an excellent outdoor fish if anyone needs a very simple "starter" fish. The fry came from one of the three different species I have in the pond, I have one each of Red-Cap Oranda, Calico Oranda, and a fancy Goldfish. So who knows what the kids will look like since I haven't picked the fish up and turned them over to see who is male and who is female.

No comments: