Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This week's funny


If you aren't a parent it won't quite be the same but here goes.

Every now and then I find these notes under my pillow or stuck to the back of my laptop that are simply the funniest thing ever. I will find this brightly colored piece of construction paper with typically some sort of picture drawn on it which represents my family. Often written in crayon but sometimes just whatever piece of parchment and writing utensil was closest. When I unfold the piece of paper or discover the post-it stuck to my screen there will, invariably, be some little girl giggling that will emanate from around a corner or under a bed or behind a door. The picture will show all members of the family having some sort of fun together whether it's playing outside, playing a game, watching tv, or just having supper. The text will read as follows:
" Dear Daddy
I love you,
I hope you do to
love,
sekret mirer"
So far I have been unable to catch this person but I do have a pretty good idea who it might be. This is one of the many joys of parenthood I thought I could pass along.

Psalm 127: 3-5


No comments: