Wednesday, May 10, 2006

More crappy drivers



Is there honestly a reason everyone seems to drive 10-20 M.P.H. over the speed limit now? Everywhere I go I see ridiculously agressive drivers who fly by me then sit and wait for me at the next traffic light or stop sign. I was going 35 mph in a 30 mph zone yesterday and some jackass passed on a curve just to turn into a subdivision entrance. He wasn't late for work, which isn't a good excuse either, or trying to get medical attention, just headed home. I haven't seen a speeder pulled over for years anywhere. I want the cops to get out there and start slowing people down, in fact the only place I have ever seen a cop looking for speeders in the last several years is on the interstates. Even there they seem to let people go 15 over and recently I saw two huge semi trucks going 80 in a 55 right past a cop and he did nothing. I am going to keep writing to my local Police until I see something done about all these crappy Nascar "wanna-be" drivers. Here is a great web page on how cool you are if you drive like one of these idiots. Click here.

I am also getting really tired of seeing idiots with cell phones trying to negotiate things like intersections. I mean I don't mind people talking if they use a heasdset or on the open road, but it's really stupid to try in traffic. If you would like to know how talented you really are at multitasking get two of your friends and have each one of them start reading a different story to you that you haven't previously heard. Take a quick test at the end and see if you were paying attention equally, I bet one story suffered more than the other. For more on this subject click here.

No comments: