Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Movie Review (Transformers)


Transformers needs no introduction to people of my generation, we waited so long for this to happen. This movie was pretty disappointing for the Captain. The movie tries to play to children but goes for the weak and easy bathroom humor and throws cussing in when it doesn't need to be there. Hollywood really muffed this one, it could have been spectacular. The story is great, special effects are mind blowing, camera work was out of this world, and the cast was great. The actors did their jobs well, unfortunately delivering garbage dialog at times. I guess someone thought it was funny, but no one in my theater was laughing at the crude car peeing on a human type humor. The movie seemed to do a terrible job of tight-roping trying to be for the 30 year olds that grew up with these toys, and the cartoon, and the 13 yr olds of today. I hope when they start filming the sequels they will ditch the garbage jokes and humor and pick a demographic, there was enormous potential that went unrealized.
I should have gone to see Die Hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just telling my brother in law yesterday that I was afraid there was no way this movie could live up to my childhood expectations. There is so much potential with this movie and I just don't think they'll live up to it.