Monday, July 02, 2007

Cigar Review (Dirt Torpedo by Drew Estate)


The Captain smokes one or two cigars a month and, because of my travels, I get to sample several different types. My current favorite in a flavored cigar is the Acid Kuba Kuba. This is a medium-bodied wonderful smelling and tasting smoke. It has a very sweet flavor and a great aroma. Recently jumping to a close second is the Natural Dirt also by Drew Estate. This cigar has a sweeter wrapper and I chose the torpedo for a good 30 minute burn. The aroma is not quite as good, to me, as the Kuba. This is a good occasional cigar as I believe the sweetness would become overwhelming if smoked regularly. It is also just a touch more full-bodied than the Kuba once you get 1/4 into the burn indicating a stronger leaf in the middle. My next flavored review will be of the Drew Estate Java, these smell like heaven and I can't wait to try one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to review Swisher Sweets?

Captain Dude said...

Since that's your favorite, I'll let you do it.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, my favorites are C.A.O. They offer a variety of different flavors and gauges. They are most known as the brand that Tony Soprano smoked on the HBO series of the same name. Wide price ranges as well.

Abraham said...

I like the acid cigars by Drew Estate. They never disappointed me and their price is not too high. I prefer the acid kuba kuba the most.

Eli said...

You are right. Drew Estate Cigars are really good and worth their money.I think they deserve their place in any collection and / or humidor.