Monday, July 02, 2007

Great Cigar Shop


While visiting Rochester New York last week I got online and looked for a local cigar shop. This is always a bit of fun for me as you can tell what the locals seem to favor. In Rochester one place was called The Cigar Factory and was about a mile from my hotel. I walked down, in 94 degree heat, and found a place that looked like a run down old main street shop. I almost didn't go in.

I went in and met Don Cisso the proprietor and his wife. He explained to me that he rolled over half of his stock right there in the shop with a partner and they were both from Cuba. Now I was intrigued as I have smoked only one Cuban cigar previously and it was fairly decent. Cisso educated me on the different leaf types and what he had to offer that was similar to big names I have smoked. I ended up choosing a Red Wine and Honey "after dinner" smoke, and a bourbon which was good anytime. These were not flavored but were scented for a tiny aroma of the stated flavor. These cigars were $2 - $12 a piece, much cheaper than name brands, and were absolutely the best smokes I have ever had. Cisso mixes a mild leaf with a really strong leaf halfway through the smoke that will tingle your tongue. This is the type of smoke that will be fantastic with a good cup of coffee. I plan to be a regular customer of The Don from here on out.

If you like the occasional cigar please visit:
http://www.doncissocafe.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always good to have folks Blog about the Store and link to the site.. Thanks!

Webmaster, DonCissoCafe.Com

Captain Dude said...

Chad,
No Problem! Can you fix the catalog and shopping cart?

Captain Dude