Monday, July 16, 2007

The Captain Gets Spotted


Yesterday after church I headed over to Wal-Mart to grab some much needed items. As we shopped we decided to eat at the Blimpie located in the store. To make life easier I decided I would take all of our items to the car while Mrs. Dude took all the babies in and got them settled at a table. As I walked out the front door of Wal-Mart with my shopping cart I turned and headed for my car when I heard a young man yelling out of his car:

"Sir!" I ignored this as I didn't think some 17 yr old would be talking to me.

"Excuse me, Sir!" Now I looked as I had noticed the car was following me.

I turned and saw an old Honda Accord with four teenagers in it, two boys in the front and two girls in the back.

"Sir, (what's her name) in the backseat just said that you are a fine looking man; I just wanted to let you know she said that."

"Thank you very much." I replied "I had nothing to do with it."

"You're really hot!" comes from one of the girls in the backseat.

"Thanks, you're cute too." This answer seemed to thrill her and got some whispering and giggling from the backseat.

For a moment I started to think that my 36 year old self might actually still be somewhat cool. As I pondered this, I realized I was heading towards my 8 seater family SUV with three car seats in the middle row. Additionally, I looked in the cart I was pushing at all the diapers, wipes, and school supplies for a housing project. I am definitely not cool, funny story anyway though. Matthew Mconahey (intentional misspelling) is a fine looking man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say this with a staunch record of unblemished heterosexuality, "You are a good looking man."

Anonymous said...

Absolutely freakin' hilarious. I still think you are cool big bro.