Saturday, July 07, 2007

Live Earth (Pros and Cons)


I am sitting at home watching Live Earth. I would say it's pretty mediocre, in both talent and content. So whether or not you think global warming is real some of the ideas are fine anyway. But really, doesn't everyone already know to swap out their light bulbs and recycle? I use CFL bulbs and recycle plenty of stuff and I am not even a liberal. <--- that's funny. Are we once again at a place where some people are crying for change and it's the conservatives that are doing the crap anyway? So let's say everyone starts pitching in, here are the issues I have.
E85 ethanol or CornGas currently costs about $2.50 per gallon here in TN. Vehicles that can burn this fuel lose a ton of fuel economy when they use it. So now are we just pillaging another resource, can we grow enough corn to run all these vehicles. If so can we make it cheap enough to offset the loss of fuel economy?
Solar Power is something I really want to do on my house. Why does this crap cost so much? Really it's a few sheets of film, glass and some batteries yet to convert my home could cost $30,000. I can pay for a lot of electricity before that's worthwhile and I don't have that kind of money to help out the planet.
The last question I have is about these modern day hippies that bitch at the government about guns, global warming, or (insert crap here). How many of these people have unarmed security and came in a vehicle that wasn't a giant limo or hummer? How efficient are their homes, and do they have more house than they need? Hey superstars let me see you live it, then I might be interested in what you say with your 8th grade education.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think of the overall cost we would incur by switching to alternate fuels. All we hear about are cars. What about lawn mowers, tractors, farming equipment, weed eaters, blowers, motorcycles, ATV's, boats? A switch would require a massive overhaul of everyone's possessions and render all old models obsolete. Which would then add to the clutter.

And then by the time we switch, we would wake up one morning to find out that E85 is at $6 a gallon, and we're right back were we started. High fuel prices and restricted resources.

Not to mention, not everyone can afford to overhaul their lives in such a manner. If we could only get the rich to subsidize this crossover?????
Oh right, that's the goal of the global warming community already.