Saturday, December 02, 2006

Movie Review (The Polar Express)


So, my kids saw this movie with their Grandparents a couple of years ago and I have heard all this great stuff about it ever since. It was on TV last night, so I figured I would check it out. This movie sucked very much bad. The story was just mediocre, but the killer was the very dark creepy animation. The players look like people that have had a layer of animation painted on them. I am also pretty sure Tom Hanks played at least four characters in the movie and, while I am a fan of his, that was too much. I found the sleigh bell and Santa scenes very anti-climatic and really just never connected with the story. To sum up, the story is the typical "get you to believe in Santa" stuff prevalent in almost all Christmas stuff that isn't religious. This is sometimes really good, The Santa Clause, but this time really just creepy.

To sum up, my kids love it and so do their Grandparents so I guess you should take your kids to see it. I hated it.

No comments: