Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Airline Travel Part two


So here's the response from Airline number 1:
Dear Captain Dude,

Thank you for your e-mail describing the problem you experienced.

As a goodwill gesture, we will mail a $100.00 Transportation Credit
which may be used toward future Crappy Airline travel and some travel-related
services. Vouchers are valid for one year from the date of issue and may
not be combined. They may be redeemed at any Delta ticketing facility or
authorized travel agency; however, they are not currently redeemable
online. Please refer to the terms and conditions for additional
information.

Again, thank you for writing. Please accept our apology for the
inconvenience you experienced. We look forward to serving you under more
normal conditions.

Sincerely,

I am a complete tool!
Online Customer Support Desk
I changed the names to protect the innocent and completely stupid and bolded all text that I changed. Great they gave me $100 so I can re-experience that hell again, and I can't redeem it online; not to mention that ticket cost about $500. Pretty much they are sending me one of those things car dealers send that looks like a check but is actually less valuable than toilet paper.

I wrote them back and asked for my plasma TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when you complain to a place about service or whatever and their response is to give you some sort of compensation that requires you to return to the exact place where you experienced the reason for the complaint.

If a place really ticks me off, I just don't go back. I know the place is not going to shut down because I don't go there, but it's the principle.