Thursday, November 02, 2006

Overweight cops


To start with let me say that people who dedicate their live to physical law enforcement are heroes. I am not talking about cyber-crime desk jockeys ;-), though they are needed as well.

I read this article on CNN a few days ago and couldn't believe it. To sum up the Chief told his fat officers to trim it down and used the words "Jelly Bellies" which hurt some fat guy's pride. Why the fat guy thinks he isn't a jelly belly, and/or is proud of it, I don't understand. Out of 80 recipients there is one documented complaint in the form of an anonymous letter. That is such crap; this guy wants his officers trimmed down, which I firmly believe would make them better cops, and gets canned.

Why does this crap happen?

Willie Nelson writes, "Horses are all the things a truly evolved human should be." - what a flippin' idiot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just cops. Take a look at regular folks. I would wager a guess that fat now out number skinny.
And we're taught in today's society to love our bodies no matter how we look (unless we're too skinny) and not to let anyone tell us otherwise.

Captain Dude said...

"regular folks" are not tasked with keeping me safe and upholding the law. I don't care, as much, if they are fat.