Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Night 2006


I heard some conservatives crying a bit about some of the election results from last night. Let me give my brief synopsis of what I think happened. I think people are tired of career politicians who cave in to pressure groups and large organizations; this happen regardless of the person's party. People are searching for a candidate who will listen to them and they no longer care what party they list themselves under. Several elected Democrats ran as a member of that party just so they wouldn't be associated with the President it appears. Two-thirds of the Democrats that got elected yesterday are extremely moderate being pro-life, and pro-gun etc..

The only down side I see is that Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House. She is pretty wishy-washy voting one way then the other based on "party pressure." It should be fun to watch and see how well all these new folks get along. I look forward to hearing the Democratic plan for getting out of Iraq. So far all I have heard, from either party, is how crappy the other group's plan is. Now we'll see if someone can actually define something besides raising minimum wage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The problem is the Dems have no plan. They just know they don't like the GOP's plan. Which they refused to implement.