Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Captain's knee


According to the Physician's Assistant I saw yesterday I have a partially torn ACL in my left knee that most likely would not be helped by surgery. We will try to overcome the instability I feel through six weeks of aggressive physical therapy. At the end of the six weeks I will be re-evaluated by a surgeon. I know everyone was dying to hear all of that, the best part is that my insurance doesn't cover PT until I meet my deductible.

Which is why I will reserve this space to give the finger to privatized medicine.

P.S. I have also declined the advice of Mike to "cut it off mid-thigh" as I left my circular saw at church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could try to go the Six Million Dollar Man route. Not only do you get a bionic leg but you get that cool background music when you jump.