Monday, April 06, 2009

A Third Comcast Chat

Nothing was on TV and I couldn't help myself. If you don't feel liek reading the whole transcript Jo starts off telling me I can buy what I want and later says I need to wait until the digital transisiton is over. Please enjoy this like I did:

Problem : I cannot receive my local channels in HD.
Captain Dude > I cannot receive my local channels in HD.
Jo > Hello Captain Dude, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Jo . Please give me one moment to review your information.
Captain Dude > Ok, Thanks
Jo > I will be glad to help you with that. Before we proceed, would you please provide the name, phone number, and service address listed on the account?

Captain Dude > Captain Dude
Captain Dude > 865-123-4567
Captain Dude > The Fortress of Not Much Solitude
Jo > Thank you for that information.
Jo > How long have you had this issue?
Captain Dude > Since I brought my HDTV home Saturday
Captain Dude > It's new
Jo > I see.
Jo > Will it be alright if I place you on hold for two minutes while I pull up your account?
Captain Dude > surely
Jo > Thank you. I will be back with you shortly.
Jo > Thank you for waiting.
Jo > How are you doing today Captain Dude?
Captain Dude > I'm great, how are you?
Jo > I am glad to hear that.
Jo > I am doing great too.
Jo > Would you check if the cables are securely connected and hand-tightened to the digital box?
Captain Dude > I have no cable box but the cables are all secure
Jo > Oh I see. thank you for that information.
Captain Dude > I was told that I cannot have a box because I subscribe to limited basic
Captain Dude > by a local support representative. A second local rep told me I could have one and sent me to get it but then they wouldn't let me have it at the office
Jo > If you don't mind, I will also run a health check on your system to check if everything is running the way it should.
Captain Dude > Feel free
Captain Dude > currently my TV is hooked to an antenna to receive HD off the air
Jo > We could actually upgrade your service today, if you want to.
Captain Dude > I don't want anymore channels
Jo > But first we have to make sure that there's no maintenance upgrade going on right now in the area. Let me check my references.
Captain Dude > What's the upgrade price? As I understand cable providers are required to transmit local channels to me via HD.
Jo > I am still on the account and I am still reviewing it.
Captain Dude > No problem
Jo > Thank you very much.
Jo > I was able to check on your account and it appears that you are still under the Basic Services. I would suggest that you upgrade to Digital Starter for you to view those digital channels because most of the channels now are being transferred to digital.
Jo > The digital Starter would only cost you $39.00 top $49.00.
Captain Dude > I don't want more channels. I only want local channels in HD.
Captain Dude > I also do not want a cable box
Jo > I see. What you have to need is the Digital Converter.
Captain Dude > Why do I need that?
Jo > For you to receive the local channels which are being transferred into digital already. But as you are our valued customer, I would suggest that in the meantime just sit back and relax until the upgrade is over.
Captain Dude > What happens when the upgrade is over?
Jo > Comcast has agreed to continue to carry broadcast network signals in analog format for a minimum of three years following the Feb. 2009 conversion deadline. This means that Comcast customers will still not need a converter box to still receive these signals, all you need to have is your TV connected to the Comcast cable network.
Captain Dude > I think there is a filter outside my home blocking the channels and that I don't need any sort of converter that isn't already built into my television.
Jo > I see. But for further information you could also visit this link www.Comcast.com/DTV.
Captain Dude > right, how does that get rid of the filter that's blocking my HD?
Jo > Make sure that the connection is properly connected. The cable from the wall in to your TV set should be well connected.
Captain Dude > This is the third time today I have asked this same question and you are giving me a third different answer.
Jo > We are not able to book a technician visit for you today as the upgrade is still on the process. My best suggestion is for you to wait a while because all our good technicians are already out to keep the connections in all area up and running as soon as possible.
Captain Dude > What upgrade?
Jo > The digital transition.
Captain Dude > You're telling me that comcast is 100% digital capable right now?
Jo > Not all, this upgrade is happening right now because Digital Transition is mandated by law, therefore, Comcast should act and take all the proper actions to make sure that once the transition is over, all Comcast customer could just sit back and relax.
Captain Dude > wow, awesome
Captain Dude > I'll relax then
Jo > It seems you have closed the chat window. I am unable to reopen the session, if you are in need of further assistance please recontact us or call 1800COMCAST at 1-877 870 4310.




No comments: