Monday, October 23, 2006

Stupid Drivers



So this morning I came to an intersection that does not have a light and where you must cross 4 lanes of traffic. It was then I ran into the "Knoxville Anomaly" that irks me so much. There was finally a break in traffic on my side of the road, and two cars coming on the far side so I proceeded to the middle of the intersection. My intent was to wait for the two oncoming cars to pass and then proceed the rest of the way. Instead the lead driver slammed on his brakes, I had already come to a complete stop well before this, and decided to motion me through the intersection to be nice.
This driver's attempt to be kind almost caused two cars and six people to be involved in a wreck at almost 55 miles per hour. Had this driver been smart enough to look in his rear view mirror he would have seen that there was no traffic after the two of them and that the correct thing to do was OBEY THE LAW and just keep going. This anomaly happens often in Knoxville where the second or third to last vehicle in a line will stop and try to let people in instead of just letting the traffic flow naturally. It is also never the person near the front of a long line where it might actually be beneficial.

That's how I started my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in Atlanta this weekend. Traffic there is awful. Ten times more cars there than here in Ktown. But Friday Saturday and Sunday, I did not see one wreck. And people were driving 90 mph every where they went. I'll agree with you Capt.

PEOPLE IN KNOXVILLE CANNOT DRIVE!!!!!!!!