Saturday, October 28, 2006

Movie Review (The Sentinel)


The Sentinel is about a veteran Secret Service Agent (Michael Douglas, looking old) who is getting framed for wanting to assassinate the President. Too screw his life up more he happens to be in love with the President's wife (Kim Basinger, looking hot as ever). The pace was good, the action pretty solid and the actors were great. I liked the girl from Desperate Housewives (total crap) as she pulled her role off effortlessly. Kiefer Sutherland delivered one of his standard stoic characters, but I think that's cool too. I could have stood a little more action and perhaps I might have actually enjoyed a little more background on the love story. Anyway, there's a great little twist/surprise towards the end and everything wraps up nicely. If you rent the DVD be sure to check the special features for the alternate ending.

I recommend this movie for rental night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this movie. It was a tad bit predictable but I can live with that. Hollywood used to churn out action movies like this by the butt load but not so much any more. Overall a good solid movie.