Sunday, January 25, 2009

President Obama's First Week

Today is "Sanctity of Life Sunday." I watched a beautiful video about babies being formed in the womb and cried while I thought about people who think life should be optional. I know this is a divisive subject but I hold it close to my heart especially after having my three beautiful babies.
So far this week, the President has held true to many of his campaign promises by reversing "Bush" policies. A lot of these policies date back to Reagan and go back and forth along party lines each time a designated representative gets elected. Tomorrow the President will reverse the "Mexico City Policy" allowing your tax money to fund abortions all over the world. My hope is that abortion "rights" stop there. I pray that late-term abortion will NEVER be legal and that minors can NEVER get abortions without their parents consent in any state. Our current President does not share my views on this but I am hopeful that his verbal commitment to bipartisanship will help. His repeated stance on abortion is beyond the average civil rights argument and is quite disgusting. Beyond the man's obvious moral ambiguity, he is also committed to crippling our intelligence community by telling them what they can no longer do. I find it odd that he is so comfortable telling these people how they can and can't interrogate personnel when he has never even served in the military. Apparently we will close the Guantanamo Bay facility with no plan for the incarcerated criminals there also.
Lastly, I am tired of hearing about the country's "love affair" and how he has "united" everyone. Fifty eight million people voted against this man and his principles. I agree that it was an historic moment for our country, but the media bias and crap is over the top.

No comments: