Thursday, January 08, 2009

My HDTV


I have been wanting an HDTV for about four years now and some interesting things keep happening. Most recently I had planned to get one during the after-Christmas sales since the economy is so "bad." Over the years my planned purchase has turned into a piano, guitar, new cars, home improvement and a few other things. This year, it turned into a new table we can all fit around and the washing machine pictured above. Buying washing machines is no treat for a dude. Fortunately, the research was performed by Mrs. Dude and I only had to negotiate free delivery. I found the price I wanted at HH Gregg in our Turkey Creek shopping center. A dude named James hooked me up with the free delivery and I skated out at under $700 for the new Frigidaire Gallery washing machine. While I was waiting in the store I went and got some education on HDTVs as well. Turns out that for what I want to watch on TV I was going to spend about $500 too much on an LCD instead of going with a Plasma. John in electronics took the time to get to know me and what I want ot watch then actually steered me towards a less expensive unit. The HH Gregg guys work on pure commission and I thought this displayed great dedication to their customers.

No comments: