Sunday, December 09, 2007

I am proud of my girls


My six year old, on the left, wanted to take gifts to a nursing home this year. She came up with the idea all on her own and purchased most of the materials with her own money. Big sister threw in a lot of labor making individual cards for the residents. Yesterday we visited about twenty residents at a local nursing home who do not get man visitors. I was so proud as I watched my little girls hand out the gifts they had purchased and made. Even more special were the interactions they had with the ladies and gentlemen they brought the gifts too. Taking time to make conversation with each person and giving hugs to everyone they saw. The six year old does not like to be touched very much so that was really a big step for her. It was all I could do to keep from crying as a crowd of workers started to follow them and watch.

Those are my girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, we are getting old.