Thursday, December 20, 2007

Camelbak Customer Service

I bought a Camelbak Mule years ago and the reservoir needed replaced. This seems simple enough until I get on eBay and discover that my model is old or vintage/antique. Whatever you want to call it, I cannot find an OEM replacement. Hey, no problem I will just e-mail the company. Please read the following lovely transaction, I have used a bold font anywhere I changed things or felt like interjecting thoughts. I also had to e-mail their webmaster since they have no customer support e-mail listed, only a phone number.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have an original Camelbak Mule and the reservoir needs replaced. I
would like to replace it with a newer 100oz reservoir but don't know if
it will fit. If it will not fit do you know where I can purchase the
correct sized reservoir for this device? I have looked on eBay and been unable to find the correct product. Thank you for your time.
No Salutation:
Thank you for contacting CamelBak. Could you send me a picture of the pack?
Sincerely,
Some Person
CamelBak Products, LLC
1310 Redwood Way, Suite C
Petaluma, CA 94954
Right now I am thinking this is looking good and I will find a replacement for my pack.
Some Person,

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the size, I wanted get as much
detail as possible.
Again, no salutation
Unfortunately, our newer CamelBak reservoir will not fit your MULE. I
apologize for the inconvenience. Would you be interested in one of our newer models? (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!)

Sincerely,
Some Person
CamelBak Products, LLC
1310 Redwood Way, Suite C
Petaluma, CA 94954
Some Person,
Do you know where I can purchase the correct resevoir?
You may want to try Ebay??
You may want to learn to help people who buy your crap.

Fortunately, Camelbak is not the only manufacturer making these items any longer so I can get a new product that is better from one of their competitors for less money.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought one for my dog on Amazon. Not a Camelback brand thought. And yes they are inexpensive.

Pete said...

Good morning Captain,
Did you ever find a replacement bladder for your old Mule? I am looking for one as well. Thanks

Captain Dude said...

Pete,

I never did, I saw some stuff on eBay that probably would have fit but it was all cheap looking stuff from Taiwan or China. I bought a North Face Hammerhead instead. Good Luck!

MarkDalrymple said...

I got a 100oz camelbak replacement bladder, and it fit in my ancient Mule fine. No idea why the camelbak representative said it wouldn't fit.

The drinking tube is larger around than the original, so the clip dents it a bit, but not too badly. I'm currently stretching out the clip by letting it clamp on to a big marker.