Saturday, April 08, 2006

Representative McKinney's apology (or not?)


I would like to first say that I appreciate the efforts of our lawmakers and elected representatives. They make enormous sacrifices and work very hard. Now please read this "apology".

"There should not have been any physical contact in this incident," McKinney said.

"I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all, and I regret its escalation and I apologize," she said surrounded by colleagues on the House floor.

She said she would vote for a resolution expressing support for the efforts of Capitol Police.
Is she apologizing for her actions, or the actions of the officer? This is the kind of double-talk that gives both Democrats and Republicans a bad name. It's the way petulant children apologize when forced by a parent.
Example given:

"I am sorry you are such an idiot!"

No comments: