Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Eye Opener


I recently had to quit the praise team at church for a few months because I am actively serving in too many areas. This was a difficult decision since I get so much enjoyment from leading worship, and being around my fellow band members. The eye opener was two weeks ago my 6 year old was worshipping next to me during the praise service, and in the middle of the second song she stopped cold and said "Why aren't you up there?" I realized my children have never seen their father not leading worship. I knelt down and explained to her that "Daddy is too busy right now." My beautiful sensitive little girl stuck her hands on her hips, looked me up and down then asked "Doing what?!?" As far as she is concerned I should be up there since I can be out in the congregation at that moment, unfortunately the 3-6 hours a week that ministry involves just aren't there for me right now. I am very hopeful that I will be able to rejoin the band soon, I miss it.

1 comment:

steve said...

WHats up Slade?

Nice to see on my little site. Shoot me an emaila nd let me know whats up in your life

Spu1970@iwon.com

(ps. I just told God you werent to busy to serve... just lazy... HA HA)