Friday, March 27, 2009

President Obama's "plan"

I watched the Teleprompter-in-Chief talk about his "budget plan" last week and refrained from comment. One of my readers requested a post so here it is.
President Obama is exactly what he said he would be and what I expected. He has zero political experience, so everything is a framework or is told in very ambiguous terms. I thought that during his address he took both sides of the argument without a commitment to either. This is because he doesn't know what to do. He will let his staff formulate the actual plan from his ideas. This is why you should have to a Governor before you can be President. Anyway, he is continuing to print money in an attempt to kickstart the economy. I am sure he believes what he is doing will help the country even though it's plainly evident to "regular" folks that credit is what got us into this mess. The only thing that's really surprising me is that he continues down his unenlightened path with the UK parliament telling him he's doing it wrong and the President of th eEU telling him he's a moron. I thought this dude was supposed to give us some more street cred with the euros across the pond. They seem to be generally unimpressed with the guy thus far, but I can't really blame them. I'm hopeful that things will get headed in the right direction if dude will quit campaigning for his second term on Letterman and sit at his desk for awhile. The funniest thing he has done is send MORE troops overseas. Nice one buddy! I take that back, giving Hillary a job was the funniest thing.

For those of you who believe his budget retardation is just because he inherited a deficit, He has proposed a 34% spending increase and (if approved) will more than double the deficit over the next ten years. In a nutshell, he is going to make it worse. Politicians should just hire some regular CPA dude to do this stuff, that'd be way better.

No comments: