Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Democratic National Convention


I have watched portions of this, and read over the keynote speeches/sales pitches so far and, once again, I grow weary of these politicians. Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton are patronizing me an d don't have anything to say other than I love my husband, duh, and don't vote for McCain. No one needs to hear this garbage. If you don't have anything of substance to share then please keep your mouth shut. This is Democrats cheering on other Democrats for no particular reason. Everyone in that room already plans to vote for that dude so the cheerleading seems so contrived and shallow. Please tell me about your foreign policy, or your energy plan, or ANYTHING at all please!

To be fair I expect the same shallow crap from the Republicans, let's hope I am wrong. However, if they do the same thing please write in Captain Dude for the Presidency. I will ignore you and do what I think is best for the country based on committee-based decision making with your elected representatives. I just wanted to be up front about that. I will also wear shorts and sandals almost all the time because I don't see the need to wear a tie. Lastly I promise to not shake hands with foreign leaders we have extreme disagreements with, I would punch that Iranian ass right in the face and dare him to get up. Same thing for that dude from China and Hugo chavez better watch his rear too, he's on my short list of idiots who shouldn't be in charge of anything but grabbing their ankles in a jail cell. I can also promise to reorganize the nation's budget, not necessarily erase the debt, to prevent anyone from buying $800 hammers and such. Congress will also work a regular schedule and have their posh Washington existence erased. No more pages and aides stopiing traffic, no free healthcare that no one else gets. They will listen to the demographic constituency that voted them in, based on statistical tracking, and represent them by name and not just party line pandering. I will also throw Nancy Pelosi in jail for not shwoing up for work and "stealing" from America. Same for anyone else who is skipping "school."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Who's your VP?

Captain Dude said...

That slot is open, all contenders feel free to make your case.