Friday, July 11, 2008

Does opposing something mean you hate it?


Just becuase I disagree with something doesn't mean I "hate" it. Some people like to use the Biblical "hate", this word in the Bible always meant "not as much" or "less than." It wasn't the same word the we use for the complete disdain or supreme dislike of something or someone. A good example is the story of Jacob and Esau from Romans Chapter 9:
13Just as it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated,"

In light of that, here's another great quote:
In response to the boycott, McDonald's spokesman Bill Whitman suggested to the Washington Post that those who oppose SSM are motivated by hate, saying "...hatred has no place in our culture." McDonald's has decided to adopt the "hate" theme used by gay activist groups for years.
Mr. Whitman is trying to say opposing something means you are filled with hate, real open-minded dude isn't he. When researching this stuff I ran across a lot of gay bloggers acting weird about Big Macs now and this:
http://americansfortruth.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, if you oppose something you hate it. And you my friend are a hate monger.