Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Good News






After spending countless hours over the past week or two trying to find a person to repair my guitar someone has accepted the challenge. I got estimates up to $1400 and 6 mos to a year of repair time. The worst thing was that most of the people I asked would not listen to my requests to leave the guitar "ugly" and just fix the structural problems. All I kept hearing from these guys was "total restoration", and "complete project" etc.. I finally took her to Broadway sound where Clayton said he would fix her up in 2-3 months for $500. I can't wait to see how she turns out. He is fixing a loose bracing, the lower bout side split, the top cracks, replacing the bridge, the hole drilled in the upper bout, installing six tuners, and putting a lacquer coat on the back , sides and headstock.

No comments: