Sunday, January 22, 2006

Kudos to the Steelers



The Steelers D really stuck it to Denver, and that's no small task. The offense was great too and really played some very smart football. My Broncos couldn't get it going and the defense just did not execute. Denver's D had several opportunities to change the game and it just didn't happen. I think Jake made one real bad decision, but other than that he just had giant defenders in his pants. I personally would have stuck with the running game just a bit longer, and I would have used the Dayne/Anderson tandem vs Anderson/Bell. The main problem I saw with the Denver defense was that Larry Coyer was playing a very soft zone all day. I also saw that Lycnh, Williams and Foxworth were all limping the entire game. Rumor has it that Wile E. Coyote sprikled some ACME tacks on the home team sidelines. The main reason the offense was ineffective had to do with Gary Kubiak researching a new head coaching job on monster.com from the booth. I hope he does well down in Houston.
Now we just need these Steelers to go into Detroit and stick it to Seattle, I still don't think they are as good as they appear. SA certainly is, but one player can't win you the big one.

No comments: