Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Golden Globes/American Idol


So how does a movie that barely played in 2005 garner so many award nominations? Bareback Mountain is just getting pushed on its premise by Hollywood and other media outlets, that's ridiculous. I did enjoy watching Clint Eastwood hand out the award, he looked like he was going to puke. I can't blame him, he spent his life making decent cowboy flicks instead of whacked out weird crap. I should see the movie, but the whole humping cowboys thing just doesn't interest me.

American Idol started last night, the first three weeks of that show are perhaps the best entertainment on earth. Watching people who have never listened to their voice recorded is truly a pleasure. People know they sound different on video tape or an answering machine, but they seldom apply it to their singing. Before you audition please record your voice and listen or , for my benefit, don't so I can watch you get jacked on American Idol.

My Bugly friend the VelvetMantis ranted the other day about those stupid discount cards all the grocery stores use. I used to shop at Ingles because they were the last store to adopt them, now everyone has them. Besides tracking exactly what I buy, which seems worthless, what are these stupid plastic pieces of crap? I refuse to carry them with me since I have about 15 of them, and it makes my already overloaded keychain look ridiculous. I keep them on a separte keychain that sits in my truck until needed. The probelm arises when I forget that keychain, or I am in my wife's car. Normally the people at the store are sympathetic and give me the .023% discount I so richly deserve. Last week, for the first time, Food City decided to charge me the full price. It's not really about the money, it's the inconvenience of carrying the stupid things everywhere you go. We have got to organize a resistance to this crap and get rid of them once and for all.

Lastly, speaking of organized crap, the ACLU has decided to sue the President. Even if what he did was wrong I would side with him just becuase they got involved. The ACLU probably had some credibility about a decade ago, but really they are ridiculous now. They need to be stopped and we need to find a group that actually cares about equality, and not just lots of press. The only thing more ridiculous than the ACLU is Hillary Clinton and everyone who thinks she could be the President. There are probably 2 people in the country less qualified than her, and I am one of them. So far, she has won her seat with no competition and done nothing except talk badly about the white house or the opposing party. This does not impress me, stop telling me what everyone else is doing wrong and give me a plan that says how to do it the right way.

5 comments:

Captain Dude said...

I am glad you buy into the propaganda about the cards, they suck.

http://www.reclaimamerica.org/Pages/ACLU/decades.html

Anonymous said...

If its just about the inventory, why not incorporate it into the scanner. I honestly don't care that they track that I purchase Special K and hemroid creme, but if I forget my card cut me a break and give me the discount. Bi-Lo didn't, but others have.

Anonymous said...

If its just about the inventory, why not incorporate it into the scanner. I honestly don't care that they track that I purchase Special K and hemroid creme, but if I forget my card cut me a break and give me the discount. Bi-Lo didn't, but others have.

Anonymous said...

Did I happen to mention,

If its just about the inventory, why not incorporate it into the scanner. I honestly don't care that they track that I purchase Special K and hemroid creme, but if I forget my card cut me a break and give me the discount. Bi-Lo didn't, but others have.

Apparently I got submit button happy. My apologies.

Captain Dude said...

You could get all of that information without putting the burden on the customer. People on welfare aren't shopinng on the affluent side of town.