Friday, January 21, 2011

Victory



I remember the first time I was asked to play this song our music minister gave me about 10 minutes warning and I sat there wondering how to pull this off with a single acoustic guitar. I asked God to use that moment for Him, and that any success or failure in my musical ability would honor His kingdom.

A friend passed away this week and as I spoke with his widow, sons, and daughter I was so encouraged by their attitude. Chris Tomlin wrote this song as a modern version of "It Is Well" by Horatio Spafford. As believers we will hurt when we lose someone but we stand over the grave in victory because of Christ.

We all know that song but do you know about Mr. Spafford's life and the circumstances in which he wrote it? If not, check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Spafford

"When sorrows like sea billows roll.." I once heard a preacher say this was written at the location where his daughters perished. Horatio Spafford knew how to worship.

No comments: