Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Stupid Utility Companies


I went and got the mail the day after Christmas and received notices from the Gas, Electric, Phone, Internet and Cable companies that all of my rates were increasing. Don't get me wrong here, I understand inflation and how it works so rate increases are ok. Let me qualify that cable companies, satellite too, suck with their ridiculous overcharging for what they provide. I am really just complaining about the timing of the notices.
Good job you jackasses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About three months ago, Hallsdale Powell Utility District increased its fees by 24%. This increase was needed in order to "better serve their customers." Which really means they are building a multi-million dollar facility down the road from their present location.

The reasoning "to better serve our customers" is the equivalent of a politician raising taxes to "benefit the children."