Saturday, January 05, 2008

Iowa


How can anyone act surprised about the results from Iowa? I have to say Fred has really disappointed me with his being so quiet while campaigning. It almost feels like he thinks his star power will do it for him. I would love to see him or Huckabee get the nomination, so the results from Iowa pleased me. John Edwards second place finish was also encouraging and just goes to show that no one really likes Hillary no matter what all these liberal media outlets try to shove down your throat about her popularity. Even better was her shrugging off the loss as inconsequential even though she was trounced. She said it was because so many people who work nights are disenfranchised; whatever. I want to see Fred and Mike do well, so far so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fred's problem is he's not a sound bite guy. In today's media if you don't spout something they can use in a 15 second spot, then they don't need you. Huck's preaching abilities allow him to do that.

I saw Fred on Charlie Rose and it was one of the greatest lessons in conservatism I've ever seen. But he was given time to answer questions without interruption. Plus all the debates I've seen, they rarely ask Fred any questions at all. I think he had 3 questions asked of him in the You Tube Debate.