Sunday, August 26, 2007

The WNBA


How is this league still around? I noticed today it was eating up some perfectly decent airtime for no apparent reason. I watched for about 30 minutes and was intrigued by how carefully the shots are angled so as not to show the crowd, or lack thereof. No one watches this sport, why is it on TV. Arena football has a bigger following! Don't get me wrong, I don't want to say they shouldn't be allowed to play, but do we have to pretend it's a major professional sport? I think most people just don't want to see women do these kinds of things. I don't know why people don't want to see women play golf, or basketball or whatever but that appears to be the case. Maybe it's that female athletes seem to lack some femininity or some crap. Anyway, get this crap off TV so we can have more MMA and football.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The short answer to your question is that the WNBA is being totally propped up finacially by the NBA. You're right though it's an awful product and a waste of air time.

Would definitely like to see more MMA.