Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Today's events



Today I got a call at 0800 to get my son to the nursing home where "Grandmomma" is spending her last days. I ran straight out the door with him and we got there in time for her to interact with him a bit as she asks for him whenever she wakes up. It was not long after that when I realized I did not bring the diaper bag with me, this sucks. I borrowed a phone, mine doesn't work 'round these parts, and phoned back to the house to have my mother-in-law bring it when she came. After that my son and Grandmomma were hungry at the same time. As I am unable to feed my son in his current life stage, I fed grandmomma some yogurt. She seemed to think it was really good, and her roommate Miss Effie seemed to think that was hilarious. Miss Effie was a missionary in Africa before she was unable to care for herself; mostly, she sits on her side of the room and giggles in between random memories of her colorful past. I talked with her for a bit while the nurses gave Grandmomma her medication, if you consider talking me saying stuff and her laughing.

We Left after about two hours and, as always, I was terribly impressed with the people who work in those facilities. Definitely hard work, and definitely little pay. After that I cam back to my in-laws and tried to work for a few minutes, but got sidetracked with lunch preparation and my very chunky 4 month old. It was then time for the girls to have school, and my wife needed to leave, so I got that duty today. Second grade seemed much harder than I remember, and kindergarten did as well. I got through that and decided to take the girls swimming in the lake it was around 90 here and the water was about the same.

Now, I am watching the sun sink against the backdrop of this beautiful property and.... waiting. I
think we are having spaghetti then watching the movie E.T. later.

P.S. I love Matthew Mconahey (sp)

No comments: