Saturday, March 05, 2011

Guitar Center Knoxville


I like to look at the used gear every now and then in Guitar Center so I headed in the other day and noticed they have a new sign posted on their door. It says no weapons allowed and show a picture of an automatic rifle, handgun, and a knife. I decided not to go in since I was carrying my weapon at the time. I called them and asked the girl who answered the phone if this included all knives, she proceeded to ask how big was my knife. I told her I have one with a 7" fixed blade and one 3.5" folding and I was just curious. She said "7" doesn't sound too big" and I almost giggled into the phone. That's my Ka-Bar and it's a huge knife. She transferred me to the manager and he confirmed they intended all knives and was cool about it when I told him I wouldn't be frequenting their establishment any longer.

Can anyone explain the logic of the sign? To me it seems as effective as putting a sign up that says "No Robbery Allowed on Premises." A sign banning weapons won't stop a criminal but a customer that is armed might.

No comments: